Android TV is a software platform developed by Google that allows users to play Android-based apps on a television. Android TV is relatively a new entrant in the world of Smart TVs. By using Android TV Box, you can turn any TV into a Smart TV. It can also be used to play games, and it is cross-platform. There are many Smart TV platforms, but none of them come close to Android TV when it comes to the number of apps available. It is an entertainment system that allows users to enjoy TV shows, movies, and games. Here, we see how to install Android TV on a PC.
Ways to Install/Stream Android TV on PC
There are two ways to install/stream Android TV on a PC.
- Boot Menu
- Android Studio
To install Android TV on a PC, there is a minimum requirement to be fulfilled.
|1.2 GHz dual-core 64-bit Processor||1 GB||8 GB||64MB|
How to Install Android TV on PC Using Boot Menu
Create Space for Android TV
1. Launch your PC and right-click on the Windows Start menu.
2. Choose Disk Management.
3. You need to select a drive so that you can shrink space from that drive and create a new drive.
4. Right-click on the selected drive and click on Shrink.
5. Enter the amount of MB you want to shrink and select Shrink.
Note: You need to shrink at least 10GB for Android TV.
6. Go to This PC, right-click on the drive you have just created, and select Format.
7. Now, rename the Drive as Android TV.
Boot Your USB Drive
1. First, download the Android TV OS version for PC called Android TV x86.
2. You need to download and install a Rufus tool, which helps us make a bootable USB drive.
3. Connect a USB Drive to your PC with a minimum of 4GB space.
4. Now, open the Rufus tool. On Boot selection, select the ATV 9 x86.iso file. Then, on the Target system, select the USB Drive.
5. Click on Start to start the booting process.
Note: Make sure the USB Drive is empty and without any files.
6. Once the booting is done, restart your PC.
1. When your system restarts, go to the booting menu by pressing the F9 or F11 key.
Note: The key to open the boot menu may vary from system to system, so try pressing the popular boot keys like F8.F9, F11, and F12.
2. On the boot menu, select the USB Drive that you have just booted so that Android TV can boot on your PC.
3. Select the Installation option on the Android TV menu.
4. Now, to install Android TV on your PC, select the Android TV Drive.
5. Choose EXT4 File Format so that your drive will be formatted in that format.
6. Select Yes on the menu that appears, and the installation of your Android TV will begin.
7. Click on Yes on Install GRUB so that it can help dual boot your PC.
8. On Save Disk Image, click on Yes so that you can create the image.
8. Once the Android TV has been installed on your system, select OK when asked to run Android TV.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup process.
10. Now, you can use Android TV on your PC.
How to Stream Android TV on PC Using Android Studio
You need to ensure that your system has the minimum requirements to support Android Studio.
|1GHz 2nd generation Intel Core 64-bit Processor||8GB||8GB||1280 x 800|
Android TV on PC Using Android Studio
1. First, download and install the latest version of Android Studio.
2. When Android Studio asks you permission to update some tools, allow it.
3. Launch the Android Studio and click on Configure.
4. On the menu that appears, select AVD Manager.
5. This will give you access to the Emulation section. Here, select Create Virtual Device.
6. Under Category, select TV. Select the one you want and click on Next on the list of profiles that appear.
Note: Choose the best one that fits your monitor. (1080p profile)
7. Here, you need to choose the version of Android TV that you want to emulate and select Download.
8. Select Accept on the License Agreement and click on Next.
9. Wait for the installation to finish and select Finish.
10. Click on Next to go to the Virtual Smart TV settings.
10. On the Settings window, set up your device based on what you want and select Finish.
Note: The RAM should be a minimum of 2048 MB for Android TV to work properly.
11. Here, click on the Play icon or double-click on the name of your Android TV.
12. This will open up Android TV on PC.
Related: How to Update Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to install Android Studio on your PC and use it to set up an Android TV Emulator.
Go to Android TV x86 iso and download Android TV OS for PC.