AMC is an American television channel and a media streaming service. This app stream shows, movies, and series along with original content. Earlier, AMC’s main program content was only movies. Now, you can enjoy a variety of content, including movies and shows on AMC. On AMC, you can enjoy content from a few other popular networks as well. It includes Warner Bros, Universal Studios, Walt Disney Studios, Columbia Pictures, and 20th Century Studios. Today, let’s discuss everything about adding and streaming AMC on your Android TV.
The app streams all the recent AMC series that are ongoing, and you can access all of its episodes. Additionally, you can enjoy the latest episode of any new series the very next day as it airs on AMC. Popular AMC shows include The Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Gangs of London.
AMC is free to download the application on multiple devices, including your TV. If you have a TV provider subscription, you can sign up with AMC with the credentials of your provider subscription. Some of the popular TV providers with AMC include AT&T U-Verse, COX, Optimum, DISH, DIRECTV, Xfinity, and Verizon FiOS.
- You can enjoy the AMC shows free of commercials and get the episodes of popular shows in advance by simply signing in with the necessary TV provider.
- AMC Premiere of $4.99 per month is an additional facility for AMC users that will let you stream shows and movies without ads.
- Also, streaming services like Philo, fuboTV, and YouTube TV also supports streaming AMC channel without any cable subscription. If you had any of those subscriptions, steam the AMC channel wih ease.
AMC on Android TV
The AMC app is available for installation on Android TV. You can enjoy your favorite shows on-demand with the app. Furthermore, you can watch the AMC channel live on your TV. You need to provide details of your TV Provider to Sign In to the app and access the library.
AMC Supported Android TV
Here is a list of Android TVs where you can enjoy streaming AMC.
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
AMC Supported Android TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
How to Install and Watch AMC on Android TV
Here is a simplified guide to help you add AMC to your TV.
1. Click on the Home button of your remote.
2. Click on the Apps tab on your screen.
3. Open Google Play Store and tap the Search icon.
4. On the search bar, search for AMC after typing it down.
5. Pick the AMC icon and then start installing it.
6. After the installation, you can find AMC among all of your apps.
7. Launch the AMC app.
8. Click on the Sign In option on your screen.
9. An activation code will appear on the screen.
10. With the help of any web browser, visit amc.com/activate.
11. Enter the activation code in the space provided and click on Submit.
12. Login with details of your TV provider.
13. Start streaming your favorite shows and movies on your Android TV.
How to Stream AMC on Android TV Outside the US
If you are residing outside the US, you need a VPN to stream the shows on AMC. Then, you need to sideload AMC on your TV from any trusted site. Here is a simplified guide to help you sideload AMC on your TV.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Google TV
To install third-party apps on Android TV, you need the Downloader app on your TV. You can find it in the Google Play Store for download.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Type down and search for the Downloader.
4. Pick up the app from the results and select the Install button.
5. Finally, wait for the installation process to complete.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
You need to make these changes to the default settings on your Android TV so that you can sideload apps.
1. Firstly, click on the Settings option.
2. Scroll down to click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Again, click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, choose Downloader and then enable the feature by tapping on the toggle.
Step 3: Install AMC Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the URL for AMC Android TV apk in the URL section of Downloader.
4. Click on the Go option and download the AMC APK file.
5. After downloading the file, install it by going through the on-screen prompts.
6. Now, log in with the TV provider to stream the shows and movies you want.
Other Supported Devices
Let’s explore the devices that have the AMC app for download includes.
- Android phones
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- PC and Mac (via browser)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there an AMC app for Smart TV?
The AMC has its own app for Smart TVs along with other devices. You can download it for free on your Smart TV. All you need to do is sign up with details of your TV provider.
2. Is there a free AMC app?
The AMC app is free to download and access on multiple devices like Android TVs, Android phones, iOS devices, Roku, and Fire TV. However, you need to sign up with the details of your provider.
3. Can I watch AMC on Amazon Prime?
You can enjoy AMC on Amazon Prime with the AMC+ subscription. You can enjoy a lot of popular shows and series from AMC with an AMC+ subscription.