Amazon Alexa or Alexa is a much-loved virtual assistant across the globe. With the help of Alexa, you can interact and control the devices over your voice. You can access music, podcasts, audiobooks, weather updates, traffic reports, sports, and more with Alexa. You can also set alarms, update your to-do list, create shopping lists, and control other smart devices with the help of Alexa. Alexa itself reacts more to your voice and vocabulary as it adapts over time. However, the Alexa app isn’t natively available for download on Android TV. But that can’t stop you from using the Alexa App on your device. It makes interacting with your Android TV simpler and smarter.
Alexa App for Android TV
Even though the Alexa app isn’t available for download in the Google Play Store, you can easily access it on your device with the help of the Aberto Sonoros app.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- DIRECTV STREAM Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
Related – Firestick vs Android TV – Which is the Best?
How to Get an Alexa App for Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a stable internet connection.
2. Launch the Google Play Store and click on the Search icon.
3. Search for the Aberto Sonorus app using the on-screen keyboard.
4. From the app results, choose the Aberto Sonoros app and click on Install.
5. Wait for the app download to complete and launch it on your TV.
6. Inside the app, sign in to the Amazon account that you configured on another Amazon Alexa device.
7. Next, you need to click on the Allow option granting profile level access.
8. Now, you need to give a simple name to your Android TV that you can use easily.
9. Add as many of your favorite apps that you would like to open using the Alexa voice command.
10. Now, take your Android phone and launch the Alexa app on it.
11. On the app, tap the More section and click on Skill.
12. Next, add New Skill on Amazon Alexa and search for Aberto Sonorus skill on the app.
13. On the app, select Enable to Use on Aberto Sonorus.
14. Enable Alexa Skill by typing in the credentials of your Amazon account and logging in to the Amazon App.
15. The device will start searching for nearby devices.
16. On all devices, find your latest added device (Android TV).
17. Finally, you can use Alexa on your Android TV. Start giving voice commands on your device.
Related – Install Aptoide TV on Android TV to sideload the apps that are officially not available on the Google Play Store.
Other Supported Devices
- iOS devices (version 11.0 and higher)
- Android devices (version 6.0 and higher)
- Fire OS (version 5.3.3 and higher)
Frequently Asked Questions
Alexa App isn’t natively available for download on an Android TV, However, you can control your Android TV with the Aberto Sonorus.
Yes. You can control your Android TV with Alexa voice assistant via the Aberto Sonorus app.