9Now is an Australian streaming service that brings the best programs to watch from Channel 9, 9Go!, 9Gem, 9Rush, 9Life, and more. From the 9Now streaming application, you can watch live TV and on-demand videos from the mentioned channels. In addition to streaming media content, you will be updated with the latest news from the Nine News channel. The app comes with a lot of useful features to enhance the user’s streaming experience. 9Now is available on various platforms. Proceed with the below section to install and watch 9Now on Android TV.
9Now is a Chromecast compatible app, so you can cast the app and watch the media content on any big screen. It also lets you resume the shows from where you left. The amazing factor of this application is that it doesn’t cost any amount to stream the content. That is, the app is 100% free to use.
9Now on Android TV
9Now is officially available for Android TV. You can install the app directly from the Google Play Store, so the installation process is very straightforward.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- AIR TV
How to Install and Watch 9Now on Android TV
9Now app is completely free to use. You can install the app from the store and start streaming the content on the TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a WiFi connection.
2. Tap the Apps tab on Android TV’s home screen.
3. Launch the Google Play Store and click the Search icon on the top-right corner.
4. Enter 9Now in the search bar and hit the Search icon.
5. Choose the 9Now official app from the search results and tap the Install button to get the app on Android TV.
6. Wait for the installation process to get over.
7. Once the app is installed, choose the Open option to launch the app.
How to Activate 9Now on Android TV
1. Launch the 9Now app and tap the Connect your TV button option from the home screen.
2. Now, your TV will display an Activation Code on the TV screen.
3. Further, visit the 9Now activation website (www.9now.com.au/activate) on your phone or PC.
4. Click on the LOG IN TO YOUR NINE ACCOUNT button.
5. Configure your account details.
6. Enter the Activation Code and tap the Continue button.
7. Now, the 9Now app is activated, and you can start streaming content on your TV.
Alternative Method: Cast 9Now on Android TV
If you are not interested in installing the app or don’t have storage space, you can cast the 9Now app to your Android TV. 9Now app comes with the in-built casting support so that you can cast the app to TV very easily.
1. First, you have to connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same network connection.
3. Install the app from the respective store on your phone.
4. Once installed, launch the app on your smartphone.
5. Now, click the Cast icon from the top right corner of the screen.
6. Select your Android TV name from the list of devices available.
7. Now, play any content from 9Now and watch it on your TV.
Note – People outside Australia can install 9Now on their Android TV by sideloading its apk file with the help of the Downloader app.
Other Supported Devices
The other devices that support 9Now are listed below.
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
To activate the 9Now app, you should visit the official 9Now activation website.
You can watch 9Now on your smart TV by casting the 9Now app from your smartphone.
You can download 9Now from the Google Play Store on your Android TV.